Worship Team & Choir Ministry
“The LORD will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the LORD” Isaiah 38:20
Choir is one of the most visible ministries of the church. Singing to the Lord in group settings has been a common practice of worshiping since the Old Testament days. Our church has been blessed with choir team members willing to serve the house of Lord with singing during worshiping sessions of our congregation, events like wedding, other churches etc.
Among others, both worship and choirs team members need to undertake the following activities:
- Attend song rehearsal, stage performance and presentation and all practice sessions the team requires
- Spend adequate time to pray together as a team
- Become a team-player
“Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people” Ephesians 6:18
Prayers is a divinely means through which we communicate with the living God and advance His kingdom on the earth. It is the most powerful weapon the Lord has equipped His church with to wage spiritual warfare against forces of evil on the earth and defeat them. A church that does not take time for prayers won’t be able to win spiritual battles. That is why God commands us to pray constantly and seek his face.
Our church is blessed with a highly committed prayer ministry that fights the works evil sprits with the power of prayers. Some of the activities of the ministry undertakes are as follows:
- Meet: every Saturday mornings for prayers, monthly overnight prayers, quarterly fasting and prayers, and studying the scriptures
- Hold regular prayers during Sunday church service times on a wide-range of subjects, and specific prayers as requested by individuals
- Visit and pray for sick people in their homes and medical facilities